FITTING & TURNING N1 - N3
- Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Automotive Repair and Maintenance
- Aerospace Engineering
- Tool Making
- Fitting and Machining
- Take part in the manufacturing of tools
- Take part in the operation and maintenance of machines
- Extract tools, equipment and processes to produce components
- Create sketches and computer aided designs (CAD)
- Interpret and produce engineering drawings and maps
Are you ready to find out how we can help you succeed?
Click here to go to the enrollment instructions
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
FITTING & TURNING
This subject teaches learners how to operate and monitor drilling machines, milling machines, surface grinding machines and lathes. It also includes welding/joining of metals, heat exchangers and maintenance.
Engineering Drawings teaches students to identify the function of engineering drawings, and interpret these drawings as an accurate and meaningful manner of communication.
Mathematics teaches mathematical terminology, identification of appropriate formula, SI units and derived units. Students will learn how to apply basic mathematical principles and seek solutions to mathematical and scientific problems by logical reasoning.
Engineering Science teaches scientific principles, the use of correct science terminology, application of SI units, use of symbols, formulae and abbreviations.
1 Trimester per Level
N1-N3 = 3 Trimesters of 10 weeks each plus examinations (1 Year)
- Kathu Campus
- Namaqualand Campus
- Upington Campus